Locations in SARASOTA AND VENICE, FLORIDA
As a Senior Auditor, you maintain open communication with internal Supervisors, Managers and Principals ensuring quality assurance and workflows continue in an organized, efficient, and professional manner. Senior Auditors have a solid understanding of accounting and auditing not-for-profit organizations and the ability and willingness to work in a team environment to assist in all phases of engagement.
- Manage one or more client engagements simultaneously, ensuring the overall success of each project.
- Acquire strong working knowledge of clients’ businesses.
- Build strong working relationships with clients to gather information and resolve problems.
- Effectively document work.
- Identify, communicate, and solve engagement and technical issues and communicate engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Supervise, train and mentor Audit Associates.
- Work as an effective team member to successfully complete engagements including:
- Preparing financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments.
- Assisting with engagement administration including developing audit programs and customized procedures, budgets, and engagement letters.
- Establishing work schedules using effective project management techniques.
- Researching and analyzing financial statement and audit related issues.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a concentration in Not-For-Profits.
- CPA license or current candidate required.
- Cover letter outlining experience in field work.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including proficiency in accounting and auditing rules, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results-driven team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer and technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite and audit software.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a remote environment.
- Must be able to travel locally based on client and business needs.
About Cavanaugh & Co
Cavanaugh & Co LLP CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, assurance services, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and Condominiums and Homeowner Associations. The Firm was founded in 1975 and has a 45-year history serving the Sarasota, Manatee and Venice Communities.
We are proud to be a member of the BDO Alliance USA, an organization of over 200 accounting firms across the country. Our membership connects us with all resources of the BDO portal which supports BDO USA and BDO International. Our team members have access to help desks that get us answers to almost any question we might have.
Our team members play a significant role in building an environment that is exciting to work in. We recently were recognized as the best service firm to work for in Sarasota and Manatee counties.