Locations in SARASOTA AND VENICE, FLORIDA
As a Tax Senior, you are responsible for preparing and filing basic to advanced level Federal and State tax returns in a timely manner. You maintain open communication with internal Supervisors, Managers and Principals ensuring quality assurance and workflows continue in an organized, efficient, and professional manner. Tax Seniors have a solid understanding of individual and business taxation and the ability and willingness to work in a team environment to assist in all phases of engagement.
- Research tax issues and utilize technology effectively.
- Handle written correspondence internally and externally to clients with minimal review.
- Develop relationships with clients and prioritize daily responsibilities independently.
- Identify potential tax strategies to cross-sell the firm’s services.
- Assist in developing innovative solutions for clients and the firm
- 3 + years of current tax experience within a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Experience with tax research databases, tax/trial balance software and Excel.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Our preference would be a CPA or a CPA Candidate
About Cavanaugh & Co
Cavanaugh & Co LLP CPAs is a regional certified public accounting firm that provides taxation, assurance services, outsourced accounting and advisory services to individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and Condominiums and Homeowner Associations. The Firm was founded in 1975 and has a 45-year history serving the Sarasota, Manatee and Venice Communities.
We are proud to be a member of the BDO Alliance USA, an organization of over 200 accounting firms across the country. Our membership connects us with all resources of the BDO portal which supports BDO USA and BDO International. Our team members have access to help desks that get us answers to almost any question we might have.
Our team members play a significant role in building an environment that is exciting to work in. We recently were recognized as the best service firm to work for in Sarasota and Manatee counties.