Share this post:
The IRS has announced that Florida individuals and businesses affected by Hurricane Ian have been granted tax relief. While we have access to tax relief if needed, the team at Cavanaugh & Co is working diligently to file by the original deadline of October 17, 2022.
For affected taxpayers needing relief, here is some information about the extended filing deadline of February 15, 2023, and to whom it applies:
- Individuals with a valid extension for their 2021 tax return originally due on October 17, 2022
- Quarterly estimated tax payments normally due on January 17, 2023.
- Quarterly payroll excise tax returns normally due on October 31, 2022, and January 31, 2023.
- Businesses with an original or extended due date of October 17, 2022.
- Tax-exempt organizations with an extended due date of November 15, 2022.
- Payroll and excise tax deposits due on or after September 23, 2022, will also be extended to October 11, 2022, before penalties are incurred.
For more information on tax relief for the current disaster, please visit IRS.gov.